Re: GoTo Webinar Integration - Registrants

Anonymous
Not applicable

GoTo Webinar Integration - Registrants

Hi,
I am about to launch a webinar program with GoToWebinar integration.
The sales team has been sending the link to people to register for the event with the GoTo link instead of the Marketo landing page I created.
I have now synced the GoToWebinar event with Marketo. People have registered for this webinar but I do not see them under the "registered" step in Marketo.
Will these people who previously registered through GoToWebinar still get the reminder emails from the program I built in Marketo?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they only registered through GTW, they will not receive the reminder emails.

Your best bet is to export the list of registrants from GTW, then add them to the registration campaign. You could clone the registration campaign, then upload the list and send them the reminders. I would clone instead of adding them so you can ensure they are included and compare your numbers easily of who made it to the marketo page vs. who went to GTW. 

Are you using the URL token for the registration emails? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to check that your Event Settings are linked. 
Event Actions > Event Settings 
You must have your event linked here in order for registrants from GTW show. 

GTW also gives you the option to send a "Reminder: Email" to registrants through that side. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, those are the ways to do this.

BUT in the future, do not give out the GTW link at all. You must direct everyone to the Marketo LP and they will register via Marketo and receive their Confirmation via Marketo, so turn off GTW confirmations.

Please refer to the GTW guide here on the community for setup details.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen, I am using the URL token for this campaign.
Since GTW does not export the special URL webinar access link, when I export from GTW & import into Marketo, how will I get that data for the follow up email?

Thank you Kendell, yes the 2 systems are showing that they are synced.

Thanks Josh, I do not see that we shouldn't use the GTW reg link in the setup doc. Maybe I missed it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be clear here, we do not sync registrants from GTW to Marketo.  So the best way to avoid this in the future is to not give out the GTW registration link.  Give the Sales Rep the Marketo landing page link and you will be good to go!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl.

I might be asking another elementary question  but does the "add to calendar" token adjust to time zone the recipient is in? 
Our instance is on PDT, would the token adjust to EDT or Central time?
Mark_Dudek1
Level 2

It doesn't unfortunately.  I hope this is something they can update in the future.  Some users have stated it works in Outlook, but I haven't had the same experience.