SOLVED

Re: Global Forms and Landing Pages

Go to solution
Eddie_Morales
Level 4

Global Forms and Landing Pages

Hi All,
I know many of you are at Marketo Nation this week, I wish I could be there as well. Hopefully, someone in the community can help me out.

Current situation: We use local forms for each of our programs that we use to acquire leads. We have a strong paid media strategy leveraging channels like Google Adwords to drive a high volume of leads.

In our current method we are able to get almost a 1:1 attribution on capture acquisition program and program success from our campaigns. This methodology is working very well for current strategy. However, we're looking at making a change in our methodology to meet a larger scale approach to our lead gen activities.

Here's the current methodology example in screenshots. This works well when you have a handful of programs per channel (i.e. Adwords, etc..), but we're now moving to an approach were we can have 50+ programs per channel with each program having a multitude of landing pages.

Example:

Program Success

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Capture Acquisition Program

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

For standardization and governance we want to move away from the local forms and move to a global form to use on our landing pages/programs. This would enable us

to make updates to our forms from one place.

My question is how can we move to a global form but meet the capture acquisition program and program success requirements?

One idea we have is to approach it this way. Where form = global form and web page = landing page url.

pastedImage_9.png

pastedImage_10.png

My concern is that this may not be the "cleanest" way to do this.

What's the best way to tackle this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't want to use the filter Visited Web Page.  That will be inaccurate because it includes people who both visited the given page and filled out the form, but necessarily at the same time.

Instead, add the web page constraint to the Filled Out ​Form ​activity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't want to use the filter Visited Web Page.  That will be inaccurate because it includes people who both visited the given page and filled out the form, but necessarily at the same time.

Instead, add the web page constraint to the Filled Out ​Form ​activity.

Eddie_Morales
Level 4

Awesome, thanks Sanford!