SOLVED

Global Form Updating in Marketing Activities

Go to solution
sshamo
Level 2

Global Form Updating in Marketing Activities

I have been working in Marketo to update the previous forms I have in Marketing Activities for various programs we have running still. I was wondering if I was able to use Global Forms to update previous forms I need to change? For example, a lot of the programs we have running that were created in the past have used the same Global Form. If I edited the Global Form, would they update those already in programs in Marketing Activities?

Further, for the future, is there a way to create a Smart Campaign where I can use the same Global Form for more future programs but not have to clone it into each individual program? It would have to be able to differentiate the people who clicked on specific programs. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Global Form Updating in Marketing Activities

I was wondering if I was able to use Global Forms to update previous forms I need to change? For example, a lot of the programs we have running that were created in the past have used the same Global Form. If I edited the Global Form, would they update those already in programs in Marketing Activities?

Not sure how you're defining a Global Form here?

If you have a form you use as a pseudo-"template"form by cloning it, the clones are simply local forms. They're not what are traditionally called "global," and they don't maintain a connection to the form they were cloned from.

Further, for the future, is there a way to create a Smart Campaign where I can use the same Global Form for more future programs but not have to clone it into each individual program? It would have to be able to differentiate the people who clicked on specific programs. 

You can — and, IMO, should — use a single form, or perhaps a handful of forms, across all programs. Traditionally the first way to distinguish the submissions is the Web Page contraint (for Marketo LPs) or the Referrer constraint (for non-Marketo pages w/embedded forrms).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Global Form Updating in Marketing Activities

I was wondering if I was able to use Global Forms to update previous forms I need to change? For example, a lot of the programs we have running that were created in the past have used the same Global Form. If I edited the Global Form, would they update those already in programs in Marketing Activities?

Not sure how you're defining a Global Form here?

If you have a form you use as a pseudo-"template"form by cloning it, the clones are simply local forms. They're not what are traditionally called "global," and they don't maintain a connection to the form they were cloned from.

You can — and, IMO, should — use a single form, or perhaps a handful of forms, across all programs. Traditionally the first way to distinguish the submissions is the Web Page contraint (for Marketo LPs) or the Referrer constraint (for non-Marketo pages w/embedded forrms).