Re: Global Email Replace for User

Nancy_Lawson_Be
Level 2

Global Email Replace for User

One of my co-workers has taken a new position. She created many alerts that are emailed only to her. Is there a global replace that we can transfer all these alerts to a different email? We keep thinking we've found them all only to get a new one. We would like to shut down her email and Marketo accounts. I don't think I can use my email since it is already registered.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you have a developer and at least one alert has been sent in the past 25 months (the log aging period for Send Alert), then you can use the Bulk Extract API to get the Activity Log. Search the log for occurrences of Send Alert matching her email, and that'll tell you the Smart Campaign that sent it.

pastedImage_1.png

Otherwise, if you aren't already using a {{my.token}}, every use needs to be manually located in the UI.

The replacement needs to be done by hand either way. In future, definitely use a token!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Oooh, never thought about using a global token for sending alerts! I have always sent alerts to email groups and then make sure the right people are the group (marketing-ops@, webinars@, events@, etc).

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Nancy_Lawson_Be
Level 2

Thank you so much Sanford Whiteman‌ I love the token idea as well. Changes are happening!