Getting Webinar Details through API

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Getting Webinar Details through API

We are using Marketo and GWT adaptor to hold our external webinars.
We used to announce our upcoming webinars via blogs and social media by posting a link to marketo webinar registration page
But not we would like to change this process and create some kind of auto process when the information about the webinar once it's set up is being taken from Marketo via API and passed to our web-site (and twitter) to be shown to the revelant audience 

Basically, what we need, is standart Webinar Date, Webinar Name, Webinar Time, Webinar Speaker, Webinar registration link, etc. - all fields that are synced from GTW to Marketo and visa versa.

We know where this info is stored in GTW and how to get it through API, but as the registration to the webinar is actually happening on Marketo's side, we need to know where it's stored in Marketo and how we can get it through API as well
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Getting Webinar Details through API

I do not think this is possible without some sort of API link to GTW. This would be very custom. I think it would be far more cost effective to post the ads as you did before.
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Vlada, I'm not sure exactly how your Webinar Programs are set up, but most customers use Program Tokens extensively. The Program Tokens are separate from the GTW information, so they are populated manually. Usually customers create Tokens for title, link, description, speaker, etc. This is handy, because that same info is used in several emails and at least 1 landing page. These Program Tokens are available through the API, specifically the getMObjects SOAP API, so you could use that to publish the info on your website. 

PS. the GTW integration only syncs event number, webinar name and description. Those are not available as tokens in Marketo, neither are they available through the Marketo API
Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Thanks, Jep!
yes, we are using tokens, but this idea did not occur to me somehow
so, theoretically, i can create as many additional tokens under webinar program in Markreto as i need (i'm talking about registration link in particular) and they will be avaliable though API at our website, correct?