SOLVED

Getting WSDL after version 2_4 with customer endpoint?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting WSDL after version 2_4 with customer endpoint?

Hi all,

I have a SOAP API endpoint ending with '2_7'.
I think it means that I could use SOAP APIs v2.7 to access data.
But when trying to get WSDL with URL 'http://app.marketo.com/soap/mktows/2_7?WSDL', I was told that 'Please use your customer specific SOAP endpoint to get the WSDL.'

Does it mean that WSDL after version 2_4 would not support a generic way to be got, or these WSDLs are supported only for specified customer?

Thanks,
Biao
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting WSDL after version 2_4 with customer endpoint?

This is deliberate- basically we originally had a single URL which wasn't very fault tolerant and had some other scalability concerns for us. So, while we couldn't move existing users of old WSDLs (and the API), we want everyone to use something unique as the endpoint moving forward.

The content of the WSDLs are the same for every customer right now, and it's probably fine to assume they will be for quite some time, should you want to locally cache and reuse across instances.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Biao,

I'm not certain why the WSDL is not available at the public URL, but you can access it for your instance specific SOAP URL.  You can access it at the following:  https://***-***-***.mktoapi.com/soap/mktows/2_7?WSDL
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is deliberate- basically we originally had a single URL which wasn't very fault tolerant and had some other scalability concerns for us. So, while we couldn't move existing users of old WSDLs (and the API), we want everyone to use something unique as the endpoint moving forward.

The content of the WSDLs are the same for every customer right now, and it's probably fine to assume they will be for quite some time, should you want to locally cache and reuse across instances.