Re: Getting Email performance report data by email id using API

Tejas_Deshmukh_
Level 2

Getting Email performance report data by email id using API

I need to collect all data related to Email Performance report using APIs only. I need this data email wise. For example I created two email program, one for email "xxx@yyy.com" and another for email "aaa@yyy.com". So I will give email id as an input to an API and related data will come in response.
Can someone tell which APIs i need to use?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let's not say "email ID", as that isn't the correct term -- and leads to particular confusion when you need to contrast Email Addresses with Lead IDs.

For example I created two email program, one for email "xxx@yyy.com" and another for email "aaa@yyy.com".

Do you actually have a Marketo Program dedicated to each of these single Email Addresses? That's a... very unusual setup, and already sounds like a questionable design on the UI side.

Either way, you cannot directly filter Activity Logs by Email Address. You can filter by Static List or by Lead ID. Thus you must use another endpoint if you want to translate Email Address to ID. Remember that Email Address is not a unique field in Marketo.

Tejas_Deshmukh_
Level 2

Thanks for your valuable comments ....
I don't have any Marketo Program dedicated to those email addresses. There is no such email addresses actually exist. I just want to explain my case here. I may have one or more than one email addresses for which I need to create email programs.
Please correct me on this........... can there be only one email address associated to One Email Program?
Also I need activity data as per email address or email program ....

as it is possible that one Lead ID is associated to multiple email programs..
So how can I translate Email Address to ID for uniqueness ?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't have any Marketo Program dedicated to those email addresses

Then you shouldn't say "For example I created two email program..."

I may have one or more than one email addresses for which I need to create email programs... can there be only one email address associated to One Email Program?

I don't think you understand what Programs are in Marketo yet. You really need to go over the docs and learn Marketo as a (UI) user before embarking on an integration project.

Also I need activity data as per email address or email program ....

Please, for all of our sakes, don't say "email program" here. It just makes no sense at all.

So how can I translate Email Address to ID for uniqueness ?

You can get all the Lead IDs that have a given Email Address value using the Get Leads by Filter Type endpoint.