Re: Get Lead Activities API Slowness

Jonathan_Marzin
Level 2

Get Lead Activities API Slowness

Is anyone also experiencing extreme slowness with getting lead activity through the REST API? For example, I have been pulling the "Email Bounced" activity type for the past 20 minutes and Marketo has only returned 1000 records so far. Normally 1000 records only takes a couple seconds.

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Do you happen to have an example that's loading this slowly?  The server-side timeout  is well below that, so there may be some issues on the client side unless your requests are timing out and you're ending up with a boatload of retries in between.

Jonathan_Marzin
Level 2

Things have cleared up since.

I was seeing the occasional 604 Request timed out error from the API. Our retry logic waits a few seconds before trying again so as to to overwhelm the system or unnecessarily use up API calls. A couple of times I also received errors saying the connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. I was only seeing these issues with the get lead activity endpoint; none of the other endpoints we used seemed to be having issues.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

If you see this again, I would file a support ticket with details about the calls you're making.  Unless the instance is reciving many different calls simultaneously, the endpoint shouldn't behave this way.

Jonathan_Marzin
Level 2

I did file a case at the time but support hasn't reported anything definitive yet. Wanted to see if anyone else was noticing similar behavior.