Re: Geo Segment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Geo Segment

I am looking to create a way to suppress a smart list by geo. Currently the list does not have geo's to separate each account. They do in-fact have First Name, Last Name, Company, Job, Email Address, Phone Number and a few other sections that are irrelevant. I dont know if there is a way to determine location based on ip address and if I can send an email to the geo associated with that location. To break down my scenario let me show you the the campaign: Marketo community.JPG

From those 3 email programs, I will be including an updated list mentioned above. I need to determine how to split up those list into geo to send out to APJ, EMEA, NA without having their location.

*I looked into Geography Segment but I am not sure the outcome when using this filter.

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Jason, if the people you're trying to target have been cookied, then they almost certainly have an inferred country. Without having country information on your own, inferred country would be the only way that you could split the lists by geo.

You could also use a 3rd party tool to try to gather country info but that would be a data.com or similar add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dory,

The contacts actually come from my client that have been cookied. So Inferred country IS XYZ  (country associated with geo) and Inferred country is not XYZ (country not associated with geo)

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes. This should work if you have inferred country information. Good luck!