Gated content and providing user access to further assets without filling out form again

Marketo_User
Level 1

Gated content and providing user access to further assets without filling out form again

• I have some content that I'd like to gate
  • It can be a "soft" gate (i.e. just difficult to access without filling out the lead form rather than impossible)
  • I currently plan to do this by redirecting the user to the asset after they fill out the form using the "Thank you page" redirect, checking that the referrer is my marketo subdomain, and then setting a cookie for future access to other assets
  • This feels a bit hacky, so I'm wondering if there is a cookie that marketo sets that designates the user as a "lead" or someone who already filled out the form?
7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Gated content and providing user access to further assets without filling out form again

Definitely unnecessary. Use the Known Visitor HTML feature instead. (Lots of threads discussing KV HTML here.)

Marketo_User
Level 1

Re: Gated content and providing user access to further assets without filling out form again

I should clarify that the content is not hosted on the Marketo landing page. Instead, the user is redirected to it using the form submit thank you page redirect.

If I understand correctly, the Known Visitor HTML functionality can only be used within a Marketo page.

SanfordWhiteman

If I understand correctly, the Known Visitor HTML functionality can only be used within a Marketo page.

Known Visitor HTML works on non-Marketo pages as well as on Marketo LPs.

Marketo_User
Level 1

I've searched the documentation and I'm having trouble finding how to do this. Could you point me in the right direction?

SanfordWhiteman

pastedImage_1.png

Marketo_User
Level 1

Sorry, I should've clarified. I'm looking to do this on a non-Marketo page (hide content to non-Known Visitors).

SanfordWhiteman

You already said that, and I already noted that KV HTML works on non-Marketo pages.