SOLVED

Gated Content and Forms for Current Customers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gated Content and Forms for Current Customers

After becoming a Marketo customer, I was sent an email for a downloadable whitepaper and was asked to fill out the lead form. Is it possible to for a current customer to hit the same landing page (to retreive the whitepaper) but to not be shown the form since we're already a Marketo customer?

I ask because we will use this same process but won't want our current customers to balk at filling out another form for the content we want them to have. I would imagine a code in the URL of the email that keeps the form from showing up. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gated Content and Forms for Current Customers

Hi Robert,

Glad I could be helpful! I personally haven't dabbled much in Dynamic content, but Marketo does give you the ability to segment out groups of people and then show different content to those groups.

Here are a few articles that might be beneficial to you:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz0h

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz1p

I'm sure there are other's on the community who have more experience in this area that can chime in as well 🙂

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One way to do it would be to just send an email with a link to that whitepaper. They can click it and then go straight to the document. The email is only sent to new clients so they should be the only ones accessing the page.

If you want them to go to a page that has some text before they reach the actual document, you could just embed the link in a button on the landing page that allows them to see the content.

Would that work for you?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also keep in mind that the way in which your browser manages temporary internet files, like cookies, can affect the user experience for the recipient. So even if the logic states that a form should be bypassed for "known" users, they may still be served the form again if cookies are disabled or have recently been deleted. 

Hope that helps! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caleb T and Raingal7 - thank you both! This is good to know and very helpful. 

I am just thinking out loud here (since we haven't even had the Marketo kickoff call yet) but from what I gather Marketo is able to serve dynamic landing pages based on HTML code. It reads the code in the URL string and then serves up the page accordingly (right?).

So is the URL string and/or HTML calling landing page A or landing page B as coded in the HTML/URL string OR does one landing page read the code in the HTML/URL string and serve up different versions of itself in a truly dynamic fashion?

The reason I ask is because then would it not be possible to preconfigure the dynamic landing page to read the HTML/URL string and show one version with the form and one version without the form?

To clarify - - does Marketo serve up a different landing page base on where you want to route traffic, or does it route all traffic to one landing page and that landing page serves up different versions of itself based on whatever configuration of the landing page you want to show different traffic streams? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Glad I could be helpful! I personally haven't dabbled much in Dynamic content, but Marketo does give you the ability to segment out groups of people and then show different content to those groups.

Here are a few articles that might be beneficial to you:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz0h

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz1p

I'm sure there are other's on the community who have more experience in this area that can chime in as well 🙂

Hope this helps!