GOOGLE ANALYTICS ON MY MARKETO LANDING PAGE

Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOGLE ANALYTICS ON MY MARKETO LANDING PAGE

When people fill out the form on my Marketo landing page, they are taken to a 'thank you' page on our company site. That 'thank you' page is already setup in our Google Analytics as a goal. I want to track within my Google Analytics people arriving at the 'thank you' page after filling out the form on the Marketo landing page.

Is this possible?

I have already inserted the below code on the landing page, but it hasn't worked.

Thank you!

<!-- Google Analytics -->
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-18288155-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
<!-- End Google Analytics -->

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOOGLE ANALYTICS ON MY MARKETO LANDING PAGE

Try changing the <script> tag to <script type="text/javascript"> ...if your landing pages are coded in earlier versions of HTML I have seen it not work.

Also, results can take up to 24 hours to show up, so if you haven't waited that long, be patient 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is possible using Google Analytics. You would just have to put Google Analytics tracking code on your 'Thank You' page to track visits. 

Have you considered using Marketo's Munchkin tracking code for this use case?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the munchkin code in place. What results would it provide that GA does not? The code is already on our 'thank you' page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simliar functionality. Just wanted to see if you were also pushing this data into Marketo as well. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Jason mentioned, Google Analytics runs on a delay. If you wanted to confirm it was working now, you can check the real-time section of Google Analytcis to make sure these page visits are being tracked.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1638635?hl=en