Re: GDPR Compliance: The Right to Data Portability and other rights

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

GDPR Compliance: The Right to Data Portability and other rights

I'm really hoping that Marketo will soon release some sort of point-of-view on how the platform will enable its customers to be compliant with GDPR.  Obviously, all customers impacted by GDPR should already be engaged with their own legal teams.  One of the questions that came up during our call with our legal team was around the individual rights:

1. The right to be informed
  2. The right of access
  3. The right to rectification
  4. The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
  5. The right to restrict processing
  6. The right to data portability
  7. The right to object
  8. Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling

Regarding #2 and #6, will Marketo be making any enhancements to enable the ability for us to provide access to a user's complete record (including the activity log) as well as the ability to export it in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Josh_Hill13

Marketo Legal gave me a FAQ that provided no operational information or details on location of data.

I am proceeding as if Marketo will do nothing here and that I will have to design the system to enable the requirements clarified by Legal.

As for export, you can use the Bulk API to do this already.

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Josh - that's what I was afraid of.  Are you able to share the FAQ?

Josh_Hill13

hmm. not sure how to upload.

Nichole_Cunnin4
Level 4

Can you copy and paste the FAQ?

Josh_Hill13

Ok i uploaded as an image. This doc is a few months old and you should ask Marketo Legal for any updates or more specific information that you require. This is just what they gave me and I am not guaranteeing the info. Note the document says they will not respond to individual requests for info. Not really sure how true that is.

Marketo GDPR FAQ.jpgMarketo GDPR FAQ 1.jpg

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Dan Stevens - just received these resources from my Marketo Account Exec:

The GDPR and The Marketer: A Practical Guide for the Marketo Customer​ It serves as both an introduction to the GDPR legislation, but also an in-depth guide to how Marketo can help them ensure compliance.

Additionally, you may have already been invited to this but I thought I’d remind you that you can register for this webinar. Understanding & Working with the GDPR: Engaging Your EU Audience ​

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Jasmine!  And no, I never received the invite for the webinar tomorrow.  I would think all customers should have been invited to this.

Peter_Bell
Level 2

Hi, We recorded it and it is available on-demand here.

Peter

Dan_Stevens_

I attended the webinar today - very concise/high-level with some good information (25 minutes in duration).  I - and assume others on the call - had several questions that were posted in the chat window.  Unfortunately, they didn't do a Q&A session - they just ended it.  Very disappointing, given that there was still 20 minutes left in the call.  Would have been great to hear answers directly from Marketo (and see how they align with our existing legal advice).