SOLVED

Re: Fun with Webhooks

Go to solution
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

Fun with Webhooks

Hi Everyone, 

Steve Susina and I are working on a presentation for the upcoming Marketo Summit all about webhooks.  I would love some feedback from the community on the following:
  1. What woudl you like to know about webhooks that maybe has confused you in the past, or currently confuses you?
  2. What are some of the coolest things you (or someone you know) has done with webhooks?
Webhooks are really neat, and can really amlify the things you can do with Marketo.  Steve and I have a few things we can share, but I would love to hear from others on what they have done as well.

Thanks,

Josh
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used Marketo webhooks and JSON based integration to integrate Marketo web form with our external iPass Trial service creation service. When a visitor submits a Marketo webform requesting a trial service, we have a webhook submitting an external web service. This web service creates a new trial user and password among other things. Then it returns JSON representation of the user name and password. Our Marketo web hook, reads and parses the JSON object, extracts the user name and password and sets appropriate field values in Marketo. These values are then merged in confirmation email sent to the new trial user.
This made a very significant impact on our responsiveness, reducing a great deal of manual work and considerably improving user experience.

We also used web hooks to cover the lack of functionality to schedule export of smartlist members and sending them to users. We created webhooks which allowed us to create real time export of specific smartlist members to external team members. We exported the smartlist members to specific protected Google Spreadsheets. 

regards

Rajesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to see the use-case of using them to send SMS a few hours prior to an event to regestrants...
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used Marketo webhooks and JSON based integration to integrate Marketo web form with our external iPass Trial service creation service. When a visitor submits a Marketo webform requesting a trial service, we have a webhook submitting an external web service. This web service creates a new trial user and password among other things. Then it returns JSON representation of the user name and password. Our Marketo web hook, reads and parses the JSON object, extracts the user name and password and sets appropriate field values in Marketo. These values are then merged in confirmation email sent to the new trial user.
This made a very significant impact on our responsiveness, reducing a great deal of manual work and considerably improving user experience.

We also used web hooks to cover the lack of functionality to schedule export of smartlist members and sending them to users. We created webhooks which allowed us to create real time export of specific smartlist members to external team members. We exported the smartlist members to specific protected Google Spreadsheets. 

regards

Rajesh

Josh_Perry1
Level 7

Thanks for the responses.  Mark, I am curious to know what are the coolest webhooks you have seen.  I know you have been a consultant for a couple of companies.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Do you know if the summit recording is still online somewhere?