Re: French translation - special characters

Mark_Farnell
Level 5

French translation - special characters

We're beginning to build out a french web site which will need french landing pages and forms.  How do I make the various special characters in French appear e.g. the accent over e in Prenom?  I'm not a french speaker by the way.  I will need to do this on forms and landing pages.  I know we can change the form field labels to French.

Many thanks
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

E acute (as in prénom) is represented as & # 2 3 3 ; in the HTML source (without spaces, added here to avoid the system render it) .

é

The complete list of extended character table can be found at
http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

We did something similar for our client who wanted the landing pages in five different languages on the website. 
While making the form, you have the option to select the language for the form. So, you can just select French and make your form.
For landing page, I suggest you make all the content in a MS Word document in French language. You can then import the French font in .ttf and .otf format in your assets. After that, you just need to include that font in your code and simply copy and paste the content in the landing page.
Let me know if this fulfils your requirement.