Re: Formula Fields in Batch Emails - not allowed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formula Fields in Batch Emails - not allowed?

I created a formula field to help differentiate the salutation in Emails. However if I use this formula field as token in an batch Email the system would not allow me to send the email as I am using a formula field.
Marketo would not allow to use formula fields as tokes in batch emails, is this true?
Is there a way to allow this or a smart work around?
I hope somebody can help me on this.

Thanks

Beate
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Beate,

Yes, this is true.  You can use the Formula Field in a Trigger campaign only.

Thanks
Cheryl
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Cheryl Chavez​ I just created an admin formula field to use in lead diagnostics.  Unfortunately, I can't see it now in my RCA custom field sync.  Are formula fields not able to be used in RCA reports?

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

I did create a formula field and is not coming up in the trigger list... Seems like that's not the case anymore, which is frustrating as I did use the name needed,  now I can't delete or rename the field. I never saw this change communicated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my idea to for more functionality to Formula Fields: Please add comments there for more functionality with Formulas

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Marketo Formula Fields cannot be sync'd over to RCA.  RCA only allows sync'ing over of "native" fields/attributes.  That said, if the underlying Formula Field is derived from native fields/attributes that are sync'd over into RCA, you can always create (i.e., recreate) this as a calculated metric within Revenue Explorer.

-Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Beate,

not sure if you would call this a smart workaround...

I am taking care of a large German (and other languages) database. Our system is set up in a way that we have custom fields for the different language salutations and those fields we can use with tokens.

I am interested what other sollutions people have.

Kathrin

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi All,

Various possibilities here :

1. You make your campaign a triggered campaign with the trigger "campaign is requested", the you create another batch one that calls the first one. Drawback : overload on this instance and this will no longer be a priority job, so the email may not start on time.
  2. You replace formula fields with string fields that you compute ahead with data management campaigns.

-Greg