SOLVED

Forms with initially selected values dependent on visibility rules

Go to solution
Bryant_Chang
Level 3

Forms with initially selected values dependent on visibility rules

Trying to create an opt in field on a form, that has "initially selected" as true if country is US and not "initially selected" if country is Canada.

Is this possible with out of the box forms 2.0 or will we need custom scripting on the pages

I tried creating 2 separate values, one with "initially selected" for one of the values and added visibility rules to only show the initially selected if country is US and the other not initially selected if country is Canada.

But when I select Canada as my country, the value shows correctly but is pre-selected.

Anyone have ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Forms with initially selected values dependent on visibility rules

Sanford Whiteman hope you had a great trip

It was okay.

I'm assuming the scripting will have to live on the lp template? not in form css?

It would never go in the CSS (being JS and all). It could potentially go in a Rich Text area but I prefer to keep it in an external file or in the template.

An example is here: MktoForms2 :: Dependent Checkbox

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Q should be moved to Products​ (remember, "Central" is for non-product-specific mktg topics).

A is this absolutely can be done but needs a tiny bit of scripting. I'll show you tomorrow but gotta pack for a trip right now...

Bryant_Chang
Level 3

I'm assuming the scripting will have to live on the lp template? not in form css?

SanfordWhiteman

It was okay.

It would never go in the CSS (being JS and all). It could potentially go in a Rich Text area but I prefer to keep it in an external file or in the template.

An example is here: MktoForms2 :: Dependent Checkbox

Bryant_Chang
Level 3

As always, Thanks Sanford Whiteman​!

Exactly what I was looking for.