Forms and SFDC Contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms and SFDC Contacts

I'm still pretty new to Marketo, and I've created a landing page with a form through Marketing Activities, and the fields on the page are creating a lead record  and populating the lead fields with that form's information. SInce the form will be used by SFDC Contacts, I would like the fields to populate the contact record instead. The Contact fields have been mapped to their corresponding Lead fields, but so far, only the lead records have been created, and not updating the contact record. Any ideas what I could be missing or doing wrong?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forms and SFDC Contacts

I'm having a little trouble understanding your issue, but it could be a misunderstanding about how Marketo works.  Any new leads that you capture via a Marketo form will cause a SFDC Lead record to be created (if it has valid data for SFDC's required fields).  Marketo doesn't automatically create a Contact record.  Marketo will update an existing Lead or Contact record.

Do you synched all of your existing SFDC Leads and Contacts to Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response, Elliott. I would actually like to update existing Contacts instead of creating new leads. Im unsure if our existing Contacts have been synced with Marketo (our Admin is currently unreachable). Is there a way I can determine this, and update our current Contacts?
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a couple of things you could do to check this.  If you create a smart list with the filter "SFDC Type is Contact", you can compare the count of those leads in Marketo with the number of Contacts in Salesforce.  You may want to also compare the number of leads in Marketo that have an SFDC Type of Lead with the total number of Leads in Salesforce.  If these numbers are out of kilter, you will need to synch Marketo with Salesforce.  This is a rather involved process and you may want to wait for your Marketo admin to do this.  The Setting up Salesforce.com Integration help article has information about doing this
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. In regards to the second question, would there be a way to update the current contacts (if the number of leads/ contacts is correct)? Im not sure if the matter would be solved by using changing the fields that I use on the form from Lead to Contact, or if there is a deeper fix.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to set up a smart campaign that has the Fills Out Form trigger and a "Synch Lead to SFDC" flow step.  If you do that, it should solve the problem.