Re: Forms 2.0: Looking for Advice on a Progressive Profiling Challenge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0: Looking for Advice on a Progressive Profiling Challenge

Here's an outline of what we're trying to accomplish:

We currently ask for First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, Job Function, Department, and receive the rest of the company information through ReachForce.  We would like to display one or two questions if this information has been obtained on their lead record.  Ex: If the above fields are not empty on the lead record, don't display any of them, and display one additional question such as "Current LMS Provider?". 

The challenge around progressive profiling we're running into is that there doesn't appear to be a way to only display one field on the form on the 2nd form fill out (Meaning we captured all six fields on the first fill out).    The only options appear to have the original six fields be displayed plus the additional progressive profiling field, or set the number of visible progressive profiling fields to six so we capture the needed information on the first fill out, which stops them from appearing on the next visit, but eliminates the ability to display one at a time.

Ideally, we would like to avoid custom Javascript.  The only solution I've thought of is to create custom fields to capture on online forms mirroring the current fields, then set up triggers to map them to the current fields. Ex: New Field "Online First Name" goes on the form with the Label "First Name" and put the actual "First Name" field as a hidden autofill field on the form, and set up a visibility rule to only show "Online First Name" when "First Name" is not empty. 

Any better ideas?

Thank you,

Austin

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Jenny_Robertso7
Level 5 - Champion

Jenny Robertson
Anonymous
Not applicable

create duplicate fields for Phone Number, Job Function, Department,. set up a trigger that makes sure the duplicate fileds have the same values. Put the duplicate fields on the form too, but as hidden fields. Use the visibility rules. Only show Phone Number, Job Function, Department if the duplicate hidden fields are empty.

Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Did you double check the progressive profiling fields configuration has all the checkboxes selected for what you need?

I used to have that problem some times and after a while I always realized that I was missing the proper fields to be displayed from being selected. If that's not it, I am not sure what the problem would be. Perhaps it's time to open a Marrketo support ticket.

Good luck,

Rafael
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to both of you for the quick responses. 

@Rafael - I double-checked the configurations, and everything appears to be set up correctly.  I think the product (While incredible) may not have the functionality I'm looking for quite yet.  Ideally, I would like each field to be able to be hidden/displayed based on a known value existing in Marketo, without having to be a progressive profiling field.  Hopefully it's in the roadmap! 

@Diederik - That would definitely work, and is similar to what we have implemented at the moment.  Rather than individual duplicate fields we're using one field that's set to True in an overnight trigger if all the fields mentioned above are not empty.  I'm thinking it may be a good idea to seperate email address to it's own field though, and display it based on whether the initial email address is invalid.