Re: Forms 2.0: Field that has visibility rules is not prepopulating with known data

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Forms 2.0: Field that has visibility rules is not prepopulating with known data

When using visibility rules for a field, the field will not pre-populate with known data.  We're using a conditional state/province fields when US or CA is selected from country.

http://pages.avanade.com/test-form2.html

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forms 2.0: Field that has visibility rules is not prepopulating with known data

Did you disable the pre-populate in your form for State?
Dan_Stevens_

No, it's enabled.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

Just tried out the links and in both US and CA selections present a dropdown for their respective states. 0EM50000000RQAH.jpg
Dan_Stevens_

It's displaying fine - that's not the issue. The issue is the field is not PRE-POPULATING with existing data like the other fields do (for known users). Marketo Support has been able to replicate this and the issue has now been escalated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  In my case, checkboxes are not pre-populating.  I do also have some visibility rules in the page.

Nor will the form in question submit.  Some required JS functions, required by some Marketo scripts, appear to be missing and/or broken.

E.g.:

a.match()
a.split()

these functions are called by the Marketo form scripts but are missing from any Marketo landing page(s) in which the form is used.
Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

are there any news on this one?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vlada, the status of a ticket we have related to this issue is still open (status says engineers are working on it).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Konrad,

Was your issue resolved? I am unable to see some of my selections too and I have used the visibility function in mine too.

Thanks,
Bec
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bec R,
As of a couple weeks ago, the Marketo team was still working on fixing the underlying javascript bug that was causing those javascript functions I mentioned above to fail in their Forms 2.0 script.  I'm not sure what the current status is now,  as we had waited a month for a fix, when Marketo support informed us work on the fix was still in progress, and kindly suggested we try a workaround in the meantime, which was to use a bolean test ("is" or "is not") instead of a regex test ("contains", "begins with", etc.) on the fields which we are now successfully using to determine the visibility of our form's fieldsets. 

This worked for us, thankfully, only because the simplest test necessary to create our particular visibility rule just happened to be a bolean one (yes/no), versus a regex one (such as testing whether the contents of a field begin with the letter "J").