Forms 2.0 - Embedding in Non-Landing Page - Pointing to Multiple Locations

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0 - Embedding in Non-Landing Page - Pointing to Multiple Locations

Hello everyone!  

So we're looking to use a form embeddded in a seperate, non-landing page environment and have it point to some downloadable content.  

Normally we would just use one of the forms on Marketo Landing Pages and have them point to the seperate content, no problem.  Now, since it's not a drag-and-drop form, we're having an issue with trying to figure out where in the HTML script we would change the code to have it point at seperate locations.  Otherwise, we have to make multiple forms for each piece of content. 

Is this even possible?  Are we even real?  Why is there no bacon here today?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forms 2.0 - Embedding in Non-Landing Page - Pointing to Multiple Locations

Hi Dave,
is there a reason why you don't use Advanced Thank you Page setting in Form2.0? Maybe I did understand your question wrong....

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there's a little misunderstanding.  We're trying to link to 30 seperate assets from 1 form rather than making 30 forms.  We're also taking this form and embedding it on a normal webpage, not a Marketo landing page.  Just can't figure out how to get this one form to link to the 30 seperate pages (so that we can use campaigns to "if fills out form xXX on web page xxnonmarketopagexx" and put them in the proper flow / stream / Nurture).

Make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dave,
and there should be a logic which redirects to one of the 30 assets depending on any field in the form?

Best regards

Steffen
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

What Steffen is referring to is the ability to change the redirect based on a field selection. So if you put a drop down in your form that said "What asset do you want?" with 30 options, you could designate which PDF to redirect to based on that.

However, what I think Dave is saying, is that he doesn't want a drop down with 30 options, he just wants to use the same form over and over and define a different thank you page based on where it's living.

As far as I know, you can't do this with a Form 2.0 embed. With Form 1.0, you had to create a unique landing page for each asset and you could reuse the form. With Form 2.0, it's the opposite. You need a unique form instead.

However, you might be able to alter the redirect using the API/jQuery: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/ (take a look at the second example)