Re: Formatting a Field in a Form

Kelsey_Hope
Level 2

Formatting a Field in a Form

I have a form that is going to ask our users to select their top events that they would like to do globally. We have about 100 events to select from. We know this is our most engaged user base so I'm not concerned about them clicking away because there are too many options. My concern is that the field, as a "checkboxes" field lists all of them in one long column. Is there a way to have the field wrap into multiple columns so that they don't have to scroll forever?

Thank you for your help!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

You can if you know CSS. Follow these steps to see where to input your CSS.

Edit the CSS of a Form Theme - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

If you move this question to Products​, someone might create the CSS if you don't know what you need to add.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

If you are using multiple columns I would also add a media query for mobile.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Mary Kate, while like Chris said you should now move the question to Products​ -- this place is for general marketing topics, not Marketo product support -- and Chris's and Gerard's suggestions can get you where you think you want to go, I don't know if I would go there.

Even 3 rows of 33 visible checkboxes (on desktop) sounds like a nightmare form to me... only a doctor's office could force me to fill that out.

If it's at all possible, I'd suggest sorting these options into top-level groups somehow, then have people drill down into each.  If you look at the demo linked at https://nation.marketo.com/message/163333 you can see one way such  "boxgroups" can be implemented.

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

Sanford,

Form wizard that you are, is there a way for her to group them as you say, but drill/expand each group?  I call them twisties (►) or the plus-expander [+] notation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Blane,

Not sure about Sanford's approach but for that purpose you may use visibility rule which would enable user to see the other fields only if he fulfills the criteria for the one above. For eg: if country value equals XYZ, then show state.

Hope this helps

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You could do something like MktoForms2 :: Electric Boxgroupaloo

Needs a little more going-over with JS enhancement but you get the idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks For sharing this, I'll look for this aswell