SOLVED

Re: Form with one progressive profiling field

Go to solution
Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Form with one progressive profiling field

Hi,

We have an embed form on our website with one progressive pro field, which we want to appear only when a user visits the second time, but it appears on the first visit as well. Can you suggest what am I doing wrong?

We have set Progressive Profiling, Number of Blank Fields: 1; Visibility Rules: Disabled

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So it does not work with just one field.

Well, I'd say it does work, it doesn't not-work in the way you want it to not-work.

The idea with ProgPro is indeed that at least one of your ProgPro fields shows up every time, including the first time.  I can see how that might be inflexible.

What if we define visibility rule show only when email is not empty?

Won't work on an embedded form. (Unless you're also using my Pre-Fill method.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Review the documentation here: Configure Form Progressive Profiling - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Have you definitely turned it on for the form and is the progressive field with the little marked out area when you go to edit view?

Can you paste a link to the form here as well?

Thanks,

Gerard

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Thanks for the link to documentation. The only I could figure out on 'Form Pre-fill: Enabled' - its shows and if I switch to 'Disabled' it doesn't. Although it should not matter as its embed form.

SanfordWhiteman

The only way to do this is, by the definition of how ProgPro works, is to have 2 ProgPro fields, showing 1 at a time.

The first can be a hidden checkbox that is checked by default (create a dummy field for it). Then since it will always be filled in after the initial form post, people will move on to see the second field.

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Thanks Sanford as always! So it does not work with just one field.

SanfordWhiteman

So it does not work with just one field.

Well, I'd say it does work, it doesn't not-work in the way you want it to not-work.

The idea with ProgPro is indeed that at least one of your ProgPro fields shows up every time, including the first time.  I can see how that might be inflexible.

Won't work on an embedded form. (Unless you're also using my Pre-Fill method.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gunpreet -- Is there a field in your form from the original visit that you no longer need the next time a person visits the form? Is so they simply include that field option in your ProgPro options. Since the purpose is to collect new information (without need to request existing information again) you could simply have a form that had the options of First Name, Last Name, Company, Email turn into First Name, Last Name, Title, Email on the next visit (or whatever fields you are hoping to use)