Form triggered emails to a list

Sara_Catalano1
Level 1

Form triggered emails to a list

I'm wondering if I can use forms for sending emails to a list of people. Currently, filling out a form triggers an email send to the person who filled out the form, and you can "alert" a static list (like Sales can be notified if a Lead fills out a Request Form, and the Lead gets an email that says "A Sales Rep will contact you shortly.").

I would like to use a form for IT Announcements - so say Company XYZ is having Scheduled Maintenance on MMDDYYYY. I want to notify only the leads in Company XYZ (even though my list also includes ABC, EFG, etc). Is this possible? I've used tokens and I have the email all set up, but so far I can only get it to send to myself, not to the list. I've attached a screenshot of how I thought the Smart Campaign should be triggered, please let me know what it should be instead. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Form triggered emails to a list

Hi Sara,

Cross lead actions is not something that can be done in standard with Marketo.

2 ways:

• The ABM option, which enables to do exactly what you want to
  • if you use a CRM, update a field on the contact, let it sync to the CRM, in the CRM, have a trigger that propagates this value to other contacts in the account, let these new values sync back to Marketo and filter or trigger on these values.

-Greg

Casey_Bohannan1
Level 1

Hi Gregoire, what is the ABM option and how can it do exactly what Sara wants?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Th ABM (https://www.marketo.com/software/account-based-marketing/ ) option is a new option that Marketo launched drecently. When enabled, ne specific triggers and filters are activated that enabled

Greg

Casey_Bohannan1
Level 1

Thanks. I had actually already found that article but it doesn't tell us how to set it up or how it works. It's a lot of buzz words. Is there any other documentation that could tell us what to do to set up form triggered email using ABM?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Casey

Look at the doc, there is an ABM section.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Casey, Marketo ABM is an add-on feature and not included with the main Marketo subscription.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Another way to do this particular task is to echo the "Scheduled Maintenance" form post data to an outside database using a webhook.

Preferably that database is itself a calendaring app, so it gives you a nice visual for all the entered events. Then run a daily batch so all the leads on the account (really an "account-like" group of leads with the same Company Name or Email domain) get a notification. In essence, you are subscribing your database to the calendar feed.

However, I'm a little uneasy about a generic Marketo form giving the go-ahead for an account-wide mass email. How you do stop someone from using that form for malicious purposes? Signifying a maintenance period should be done via a secure form. If you use a calendaring app, only a logged-in user would be able to create events.