Form trigger Wistia Video to Play

Dan_Banning
Level 1

Form trigger Wistia Video to Play

I am new to Marketo and have been using another MA platform and are transitioning to Marketo. We use Wistia for our video hosting. My current MA platform allows me to put a form on our website and once that form is filled and submitted it plays a Wistia video. This isn't a question about the integration and tracking but about making a form play a video. The Wistia turnstile only collects email and Name. I need actual phone numbers for follow-up.  Is there a way to get a Marketo form to trigger a video to play?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form trigger Wistia Video to Play

Sure, the Wistia API play() method.

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

form.onSubmit(function(form){

video.play();

});

});

Note this would more properly be done in the onSuccess event (when the form has been successfully submitted, not merely attempted) rather than onSubmit, but because of this restriction you have to use onSubmit for mobile compatibility.

Dan_Banning
Level 1

Sanford,

Thanks. So I now know there is a way. I just am not sure how to use that code or where to put it.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, you need to load the Wistia API in the first place in order for the video object (the variable named video in my example, but could be called anything) to exist. If you're not a developer you should prob'ly get one for this task. Though quite simple, it's also simple to mess up.