Re: Form submission alert creates new lead

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you don't expect those fields to be posted with the form, then they're not "fields" per se.

SanfordWhiteman

What is the data type of the 3rd field in Field Management?

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

It's a boolean value in the database.

>If you don't expect those fields to be posted with the form, then they're not "fields" per se.

Ok.  They are setting some NON-field Display-only TD cells, on the left, outside of the form, so don't get confused into thinking the query data is meant to update the form fields which consist of only those three displayed real-Fields.

SanfordWhiteman

Boolean fields are stringified as "1" or "".

If you want other values, use Velocity to change the output (true/false, yes/no, ham/spam).

#set( $friendlyBoolean = {  

"1" : "mind",

"" : "matter"

} )

${friendlyBoolean[$lead.yourBooleanField]}

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

I modified the form to use Required for the fields and that none of the fields are defaulted.

Two of the form fields work display to the user now but the third one won't.  The first two that work is a drop down list (Select) and a text box.  The third is another drop down box with just yes and no.  This one ends up returning either a 1 or blank.

The tokens still won't work but I think I can add a hidden form field to do the job.

Shashank_Sharma
Level 2

Hi Jason,

Looking at your form, I don't see a visible or a hidden field for capturing email address on the form. For form fills, Marketo will look for an existing email address in lead database, it will update the data if a match is found, else it will create a new lead with the information captured upon form submit.

Not sure if you're passing Email via some custom code, but as long as you have email address field on the form, it should update the record in Marketo.

Thanks,

Shashank Sharma

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Hi Shashank,

thanks.  I'll try adding that.

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Strange.  I added two hidden fields to the landing page but neither of them are showing up in the html.  Not simply just empty, but not there at all.

I added them as form fields and set them to be hidden.

Shashank_Sharma
Level 2

Hi Jason,

You might want to check if you approved the landing page again after making changes to the form. I miss to re-approve a lot of times.

I'd also ensure the hidden field is set to pre-fill on the form so that this works for people who'd be coming from a Marketo email or have filled out a form previously.

Thanks,

Shashank Sharma

Jason_Terrell
Level 3

Thanks Shashank.  I had neglected that. The hidden fields show on the landing page now.  I'll see if they work now.