Form prefill issues on SSL since Pre-Fill Feature Upgrade

Charlie_Marketo
Level 2

Form prefill issues on SSL since Pre-Fill Feature Upgrade

Has anybody else found that form prefill on a Marketo LP is no longer working from a clicked link in an email when SSL is enabled since the implementation of the Form Pre-Fill Feature Upgrade?

I noticed it on testing an email today, and after bashing my head against a brick wall for hours, performed some tests across a selection of my clients.  Prefill worked for those that don't have SSL enabled but didn't for those that do.

In the process of testing, I also discovered that mktoPreFillFields is no longer accessible to js on any of the LPs tested.

Has it been replaced with something else?

25 REPLIES 25
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form prefill issues on SSL since Pre-Fill Feature Upgrade

Can't repro any of this. Surely the instances or environments have something else in common besides SSL.

In the process of testing, I also discovered that mktoPreFillFields is no longer accessible to js on any of the LPs tested.

Has it been replaced with something else?

No, it's the same. Of course if you refresh the page without mkt_tok it won't be present.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Sanford Whiteman   This looks like a real issue. Didn't give it much thought at first, but our instance has SSL and prefill is not working after clicking a tracked email link through to a landing page with a native marketo form - I just thought it'd be the same for everyone. But indeed, in another non-SSL instance, after doing the same test, pre-fill works.

Charlie Marketo consultant in uk‌ the bug you pointed out just now actually got me to create this workaround last week https://nation.marketo.com/thread/50485-pre-fill-workaround because our email preference centre was broken after the update - which I thought would affect everyone, turns out it only affects some users on SSL.

SanfordWhiteman

Works on the 2 SSL instances I tried. Per-instance bug perhaps... I'd have to dig into some more environments.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, didn't find it on a 3rd instance but did find it on a 4th instance.

It's per-instance or per-pod. you. My working tests were on app-sj01, the failed one is on app-sjp.

I wouldn't exactly say mktoPreFillFields isn't "accessible" though. I'd say it's an empty object, i.e. consistent with the idea that Pre-Fill is being attempted on the server side but the mkt_tok lookup is broken.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

sj02 here

SanfordWhiteman

OK, anyone/everyone want to open a Support case?

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Can we just tag a Marketo employee here? (I don't know any)

SanfordWhiteman

We can try to let Kenny Elkington‌ and Justin Cooperman know this way. Mass support cases are still a good idea.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Is this reproducible 100%? Is there a support ticket that's been filed? Definitely issues like this better handled through support channels, as you noted it would not be the expected behavior as documented. Please send me directly any added color or details about support cases you've filed.