Re: Form pre-fill for Marketo forms not hosted on Marketo landing pages

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Correct. You must not use the APIs from a browser because you would be exposing your secret key to the world.

So the way to do this is by using .NET as a proxy to call the REST API securely and return results.

Or fly up to NYC for my talk at the August MUG meeting and learn how to do it all in the browser without any security leaks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do i sign up for this MUG meeting?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You can find the User Group list here.

Aida_Kamber
Level 2

Thanks Sanford! OR you can come to ATL and present this solution in our MUG meeting

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let's see how it goes up here first!

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Timothy, it's not a standard feature so there is no documentation. One of of our customers implemented this, back then using the SOAP API. Since we now have a REST API, that is a little faster for read-access, so I would recommend using that. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a wonderful post for Murtza Manzur and the developmenet community. This should really be created. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jep are you saying that the pre-fill feature will not work if you put a forms 2.0 in an iframe? I am trying to solve this same issue where I want to embed a MKTO LP with a form2.0 on our own web page, and not sacrifice the form pre-fill function.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I'm currently working on putting a blog post together on using REST to implement external page prefill.  I'll try to have it up sometime next week.

That said, Jep is not correct regarding prefill with iframes, this solution still functions with forms 2.0, though forms 2 has more sophisticated styling, and collapses the two label and input columns into one when the viewport is less than 480px, so the styling is less predictable.

P.S. Assuming we're using wordpress or another PHP based solution, would people prefer a simple curl-based method, or something based on a REST framework like guzzle?

Thanks,
Kenny
Aida_Kamber
Level 2

Have you been able to put a blog post together on using REST to implement external page prefill?

Thanks - Aida