Form follow-up type & Tokens breaking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form follow-up type & Tokens breaking

We use tokens to assign the external URL follow-up page on our forms (points to a PDF in Design Studio). We've done this for nearly a year. Within the last 3 weeks or so, we have found that the tokens are not working with certain browsers - including Internet Explorer and Firefox. Chrome also did not work on Windows OS machines. When clicking "submit" the visitor is not redirected, though it will trigger error messages. When I insert the exact URL in the external follow-up, it resolved the problem.

pastedImage_0.png

I know that tokens completely quit working recently, but was supposedly fixed. Not completely, for us anyway.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Form follow-up type & Tokens breaking

Hi Michael,

No, I haven't seen this issue before and was unaware you could use tokens here, although it makes sense that it *should* work here. Have you spoken with support? I have a sneaking suspicion this is something that is either broken or did not really work properly in the first place.

The browser would have nothing to do with the rendering of the token because it is run on the server side and then sent to the browser.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Josh, it was something that was unofficially supported, then officially removed, then officially restored (very recently).

Michael, please provide an example URL where we can test this.  Obviously the token text is being munged in some way that will be easy to reproduce and report to Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Michael,

If the Landing Page is a child of a program, then that token should work.  If the page is in design studio then the token will not resolve since it has no parent object to pull token values from.  If it is set-up correctly and still not working, please open a support case so we can look at it directly.

Thanks,

James Zeigler

Anonymous
Not applicable

The landing pages are children of the program within a test group. The form, however, is shared within Design Studio.

I fixed all of our pages to remove the token, but I just set up one the "old" way with a token in case anyone wants to test it for themselves. But I will definately open a ticket. Thanks.

SevOne Whitepaper: When Will NFV Cross the Chasm