SOLVED

Re: Form fills from a social media post

Go to solution
Debroop_Garai
Level 2

Form fills from a social media post

Hello there,

Can anyone let me know how do i understand or track "how many people have come to my landing page/filled form in the landing page" apart from the marketo email link.
It can be through a 3rd party web banner advertisement or a social media post or can be a referral link as well. I have tagged all the urls wherever i have made advertisement, whether 3rd party or social media, but when i look into the reports, I am unable to understand how many people came from the Email link and how many from social media ad or 3rd party ad. What can be the smart list to filter out these contacts?

Many Thanks in advance,

Debroop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

In the smartlist you'd have to use the Filled Out Form filter and add the contraint of Querystring contains, and then use your code. For example,

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

In the smartlist you'd have to use the Filled Out Form filter and add the contraint of Querystring contains, and then use your code. For example,

pastedImage_2.png

Debroop_Garai
Level 2

Hi Andy,

Thanks! Can we then use querystring for any parameter used in tagged url like utm_source,utm_medium, utm_content, etc ?
E.g. by using source (e.g. utm_source=linkedin) to find out how many came to my page/form from Linkedin.

Regards,

Debroop.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Yup, precisely. You can use whatever parameter or value that you want since it's just a string search.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

And if you want to constrain on more than one, be sure to include the entire string in the order that it appears in the URL, eg:

• utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin

which isn't the same as:

• utm_source=linkedin&utm_medium=social