SOLVED

Re: Form fill out report

Go to solution
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Form fill out report

Is there any way to create a report that includes the name/email address of each person who filled out a form? I know how to create a smart list, but my customer would like a report sent on a weekly rhythm. Is there any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Smart Lists themselves can be subscribed to.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Smart Lists themselves can be subscribed to.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

More info: Subscribe to a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Or if they just need to see the name and email address of those who filled out a form in the email, subscribing to a report would be easier. Just bring in the columns of name and email in the lead performance report view. Then you can even bring in each smart list (one for each form filled out) and include those on the report: Add Custom Columns to a Lead Report - Marketo Docs - Product Docs. Then they can see at a glance which form each lead filled out.

Michael_Kopp1
Level 2

Yes, but the subscription to a smart list only provides a link to a downloadable spreadsheet. You can't just have a list of the people that filled out the form in the actual email. It causes a huge extra step (opening the report in excel) which most people don't want to do, thus the subscription is useless.

Past the point of no return.
SanfordWhiteman

Source for "most"? Across 40+ instances almost all have at least one active subscription.

At any rate you can insteadLogging Marketo form fills to a Google Sheet and if you're crafty include sections from the sheet in alert emails.

Michael_Kopp1
Level 2

"Most" meaning my manager, exec team, and product mgt team who ask me why they have to open a spreadsheet and why can't i just send them an email for quick scanning like the web reports they get.

Interesting workaround, I'll give it a try. But this should be included in core reporting functionality in-app.

Past the point of no return.
SanfordWhiteman

Ah, "most" within your company I can buy!

Remember that Marketo doesn't send attachments as a matter of policy, and this is no exception.

IMO the feature should be that a certain number of lines are available in the body of the email, and beyond that you have to download the CSV. That way if there are, say, 25 updates you can see them inline. More than that (which could well be 50,000, not right to send via body or attachment) you go to the web.

In any case if you keep watching my posts on the Products blog you'll see how to get some of the responses into the email body.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

If you want to know the date the form was filled out you'll have to create a tracking Smart Campaign that does something, such as setting a status. Ideally if your SC only has one step it's easiest to get the information.

Trigger it on Form Is Completed.  Then you'll have to go in and manually download the Results tab (until Marketo decides to make this a subscription.)  This way you'll get a timestamp of when the form was filled out. This is the only way to know for sure unless you're also using Milestones.

Robb Barrett
Casey_Henry2
Level 1

I pass these as completed tasks to SF and easily run a report there. Subject includes form name, comments includes referrer.