SOLVED

Form fields are extremely wide

Go to solution
jroscoe1
Level 2

Form fields are extremely wide

My form will be hosted on an external site. The form fields width is extremely wide no mater what the settings are in Marketo. 

Demo contact form 

I've removed every field to try to identify the culprit and cannot. 

Also, the links do not show as linked text unless you hover over them, and they should be clearly labeled as links. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form fields are extremely wide

Can I assume this issue is on the web development team side? 

Yep!

Is there anything you recommend I share with them or adjustments they can make to fix?

Just tell them to look at how they're applying CSS Flexbox styles to your forms. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman

Hi,

That link doesn't work (the hostname doesn't exist in DNS).

jroscoe1
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Perhaps the link doesn't work externally since it's in test environment. I am pasting the page code here in case that will help. I am using the plain form in Marketo.  Here is a link to another form for our business using the same settings, but on a different sub-domain https://pharma.lonza.com/contact

Tags (1)
jroscoe1
Level 2

Contact Us form.png

SanfordWhiteman

Are you saying that other link displays the same behavior?

In any case, please don't paste a whole page of HTML, that isn't something we can work with. Why don't you take that HTML and turn it into a Marketo LP? Then there will be something to troubleshoot.

jroscoe1
Level 2

Apologies for pasting the full page of code, not sure what is needed to trouble shoot this issue.

This link refers to the micro site using Marketo that displays the correct behavior. There weren't any issues with using the embed code on that site. But the CSS is different. 

I'm unable to paste the code and create a Marketo Landing page. Keep getting an HTML 5 error

This is the link to the Thank you page for the site I am trying to add the form to, if that helps (probably doesn't)

Is this enough to determine if the issue is on the Marketo side or the external site?

SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, your code isn't a complete HTML doc from what I can see anyway.

You'll have to figure out a way to publish a page we can look at that shows the behavior.

jroscoe1
Level 2

Hello - The page was published and still seems to have the issue of the too wide form fields, depending on the size of the screen I am on. 

https://www.lonza.com/uc-ii/contact

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Have you looked at the CSS for your form?

It seems like there is no widths being set for either labels or fields in there.

jroscoe1
Level 2

I adjusted, but they don't make a difference in the width of the form on the site.