Re: Form field input type email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form field input type email

Hey guys!

I have used an input type email field in my marketo form. Problem is it is not accepting multiple email addresses. Is there any workaround to make input type email field accepts multiple email addresses?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Marketo Email type is not consistent with the W3C input type=email (and presumably isn't intended to be).

You can add a standard text field with custom validation if you want to allow a comma-separated list.

But I would suggest that most leads, unless they are highly technical, will be less comfortable with this UX than they would be with multiple individual email fields.  Also, if you have multiple addresses in the same Marketo field, that gives you less flexibility in working with these fields on the server side.  I assume you are using this field for some sort of referral program?

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

What is the use case here? Like Sanford Whiteman​ mentioned, you can create a standard text fields and have comma separated values. However, I would like to understand that with multiple email addresses, how do you want a lead to be created?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure what Babar is looking for, but a W3C input type=email can be made to function like the To: line in a mail client like Outlook, Gmail, etc. That is, you input an unordered list of distinct email addresses, and they can then be posted to different fields under the hood.

But like I said I think the problem is that people are not accustomed to this sort of input on a regular lead form, even if they see it daily in their New Message window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since forms are used for one lead at a time, So in a general scenario we don't need more than one email at a time. But if you do need multiple email addresses their can be two approaches:

1) As Sanford mentioned, Creating a text field/ text area and then, " You can add a standard text field with custom validation if you want to allow a comma-separated list. "

2) In case you want separate Fields to be displayed and that lead should be able to enter data separately into them, then you can create custom fields from admin section of the Marketo and name them as email 1,2,3.... n or home, office,etc according to your preference and then use those fields in the form.

Thanks