Form Theme Dark - Background Color doesn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Theme Dark - Background Color doesn't work

We've created a form with the theme of "Dark" and would like to use it.  It looks as expected in the form preview, with the background-color set to black.  

When adding the form to a blank landing page, the black background does not appear.  For testing, I also tried using the embed code on our own website and still did not have a black background.  

I am a web developer, so I have looked at the code on the form preview and see that the background-color is set to black on the containing "body" element of the form preview.  When the form is included on a landing page, or embedded in another page, the "body" that contained the form preview is not included in the embedded form, only the actual "form" element and everything it contains.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Is there something else that needs to be done in Marketo for the form theme to work properly? 
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form Theme Dark - Background Color doesn't work

I don't claim to be web-developer-code-savvy, but I know getting form styling to stick when applied to landing pages has caused lots of folks headaches.

One thing you can try is using the !important tag in the custom CSS area of the form editor for the elements you want to force live.