Form Submit Button Hang Up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Submit Button Hang Up

Is anyone aware of forms not being able to be submitted due to a potential OneNote issue?

Issue:

1) We've had six or seven people contact us saying they cannot submit a form when registering for an event.

a) They hit the submit/register button but nothing happens

b) If they right click on the button the only available option is to download Microsoft OneNote

c) This is happening on the initial event form set up during our 90 onboarding process so we haven't changed anything in the form

d) This has happened to at least one member of our sales team trying to register

Questions:

1) Has this been an issue for anyone else lately (We have only been aware of this for about a month)?

2) What would OneNote have to do with any registration form anyway?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have,

Message was edited by: Greg Liewer Removed the OneNote from the subject line as this apparently doesn't have anything to do with the issue.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form Submit Button Hang Up (Potential MS OneNote Issue)

Please post the actual URL.

I expect the problem has nothing to do with OneNote.  OneNote allows you "download web snippets to OneNote" so it's just the default if the user has OneNote installed.  Right-clicking doesn't tell you anything about the way the form really operates.

SanfordWhiteman

So are you confirming the problem is resolved/nonexistent?  I had no problem submitting from Chrome and IE11.  Can you replicate the problem with that one member of your sales team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

He still can't. He's on IE 10.0.9200.17377. Chrome worked for him though. I just tried using IE 11 (11.0.9600.17843) and it failed.

It's just so random. We're now wondering if it may be some sort of setting in IE or how certain companies have their IT environment set up. We're continuing to look at it.

SanfordWhiteman

Re: Form Submit Button Hang Up

Hmm, if within your company neither IE10 nor IE11 works that's kind of a clue.  Of course it would take some on-site investigation.