Re: Form Script Stopped Loading

Kevin_Flick
Level 1

Form Script Stopped Loading

We created a form in Marketo and placed the script in this page:

http://info.acadis.com/summit

This form worked for a week. But this morning we found that the form is not loading in Chrome and Firefox, but is loading in Edge.

The platform for the page:

Wordpress - WP Engine Plugin v3.2.1

DIVI Builder

I tested the script out on a new Wordpress page with DIVI, and it isn't appearing.

I then created a default Wordpress page without the DIVI Builder, and it didn't appear.

I also created a Google Site, embedded the script, and had the same result.

In all of these tests, the script appears in the page source.

Has anyone encountered this?

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin_Flick
Level 1

We found the culprit.

uBlock Origin 1.17.4 is now blocking the Marketo form from loading.

It was not blocking the form as of Friday (1/25/19)

When we disabled uBlock Origin (a browser extension), the form loads.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Our posts must have crossed paths, as I was just suggesting such a plugin was at fault.

You should replace the app-*.marketo.com domain with your Landing Page domain (info.acadis.com EDIT: whatever your primary Marketo LP domain is) in the embed code.

Kevin_Flick
Level 1

I uploaded the .js file to my Wordpress /wp-includes/js folder, and uBlock still prevented the form from loading (it loaded without uBlock Origin).

SanfordWhiteman

I meant your Marketo LP domain, sorry. Whatever that is (pages.acadis.com or what-have-you). It has to be running SSL, of course, since the page is on SSL.

SanfordWhiteman

You'll need to be more specific about "Chrome and Firefox" because those browsers in general load your form fine.

pastedImage_1.png

Are you perhaps testing with an anti-tracking/privacy plugin or feature enabled in Chrome/FF but not in Edge?

Kevin_Flick
Level 1

Thanks! Glad to see that it's loading correctly without uBlock Origin blocking the form.