Go to solution
Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Re: Form Pre-Fill

DM'd the URL

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The URL you sent doesn't work in desktop or browser.

You haven't cleaned up your test environment, so you aren't clear on what you're seeing. If a Munchkin session is already associated, then the fact that a mkt_tok value param is unrecognized/broken/obsolete will be ignored, and Pre-Fill will still work because there's a lead linked to the cookie. When you test in Incognito you can see the mkt_tok-enized link itself is not functional.

Does the lead that was sent this link still exist in Marketo (the same exact lead ID, not another lead with the same email address)?

Pavel_Franger
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman,

I just wanted to run what I've done by you as i have found that our Marketo landing page isn't pre-filling the form fields after clicking a Marketo email link with the Include mkt_tok checkbox checked.

So the setup is i've got a Marketo landing page with a form embedded on it using the template tag
<div class="mktoForm" id="mktoFormElement" mktoName="Marketo Form"></div>

The form embedding it has the Form Pre-fill: Enabled on all the fields.

and like i mentioned before i have the link in the email set with the mk_tok.

The result is that when they click on the link and arrive on the page it doesn't pre-fill the fields.

Have i forgotten anything?

Thank you in advance,

Pavel

Pav
SanfordWhiteman

You also must have Pre-Fill enabled at the Admin level, and on the LP level.

Pavel_Franger
Level 2

Thank you.

Admin -> Integration -> Landing Pages -> Form Prefill: enabled.

Where is the second setting located?

Is this it? I've got the Form Prefill checked.

Pavel_Franger_0-1585813120846.png

Thanks again for your help.

Pavel

Pav
Pavel_Franger
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman ,

I've tried it in a Program and in Design Studio but no luck.

I've also just put the form tag in a very basic html page to remove any risk of any js interfering.

Same result, the form doesn't pre-fill.

Pavel.

Pav
SanfordWhiteman

Please provide a URL with a form that'll send me an auto-responder so I can see it live.

David_Palmer
Level 1

Just a note that I think this reply is outdated, given the UX and security upgrade to Marketo Forms indicated here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Knowledgebase/Form-Pre-Fill-Feature-Upgrade/ta-p/251652 

SanfordWhiteman

That's right, you would have to be using the Pre-Fill solution at https://nation.marketo.com/t5/New-York-User-Group-Discussions/Form-Pre-Fill-External-sites-No-limits... now.