SOLVED

Form Lightbox and Popup Blocker - Potential Issue?

Go to solution
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Form Lightbox and Popup Blocker - Potential Issue?

Hello -

I am working with our web team to implement Forms 2.0 on our website and are thinking about using the lightbox forms instead of the on-page forms.  However, the web team has some concerns about issues with users having popups blocked on their browser.  Has anyone ran into this issue while using lightbox forms?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form Lightbox and Popup Blocker - Potential Issue?

I like the lightbox, but you might have some issues. Firewalls, browser settings and browser extensions like Adblock Plus, NoScript, Flash Block, Ghostery, etc. can all affect lightboxes.

You should test the a page or two on the most common browsers that visitors to your site use (pull from Google Analytics). If you don't see any issues and your target audience isn't inclined to use extensions you should roll with them if you like their look and feel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the lightbox, but you might have some issues. Firewalls, browser settings and browser extensions like Adblock Plus, NoScript, Flash Block, Ghostery, etc. can all affect lightboxes.

You should test the a page or two on the most common browsers that visitors to your site use (pull from Google Analytics). If you don't see any issues and your target audience isn't inclined to use extensions you should roll with them if you like their look and feel.
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for your response, Joe!  I assume there aren't many workarounds to make sure that the lightbox isn't blocked by all browser settings and extensions (other than just embedding the form on the page).   My company markets to a very technical audience, so it is very likely that they have some of these settings or extensions enabled.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to mention that lightboxes are the new scourge of the web, and a technical audience may be put off by them. I'd steer clear, but your mileage may vary 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another approach that you might consider is having both on the page. First try loading lighbox. If that is blocked by the browser, then show an alternative form.