SOLVED

Form / Landing Page Visits by Lead Source

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form / Landing Page Visits by Lead Source

Hello,

Is there a way to bread down form and landing page visits by lead source?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Form / Landing Page Visits by Lead Source

You can create this report with Lead Performance.  Go to set up and choose the time frame and group leads by lead source.  Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.51.00 PM.png

Drag over custom columns and that is where you select the smart lists that you created for each activity. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.51.25 PM.png

Some of these reports are already out of the box in the folder tree to the left. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.50.26 PM.png

I also noticed that you have RCE and that is going to give you way better analytics than what you can with these out of the box reports. 

I would actually take a different route to address your questions.  I would use program and program statuses and those that reach success and report on that.

Say for example you have 3 white papers, x, y and z. 

I would create a separate program for each.

When someone fills out a form and downloads x set that program to a success status of converted.  Assuming that the activity that you want is being captured via program membership and program status changes, to view this data is pretty simple in RCE.

Create a new Program membership report in RCE. 

Drag Program Channel and Program Name into the Row section.  Drag Lead Source into the Column section and pick a blue measure and you can slice and dice the data all day long in a single report. 

This will work if your data is clean and that's the key, to put people in the right program's in the right progression statuses. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Not with the out of the box analytics.  You can get this with RCE or with building a smart lists for each lead source.  If a visitor filled out a form or visited a page more than once, you'll need to build more smart lists to with minimum constraints to dive in even deeper to find the real numbers. 

Jessica_Kao3

There is kinda of a work around, but it does involve creating smart lists for each factor that you want to see.  In the out of the box analytics, create a report Lead by Source.  In the lead database, create smart lists that you want to see the data broken out into

List 1 - Visited page X

List 2 - Visited page Y

List 3 - Filled out form

You can then bring in these smart lists as custom columns in the report above so that you can compare how many people filled out form X across all your sources. 

The greater question is what is your end goal or what are you trying to answer with these reports.  Perhaps there is a different way at trying to get to your question.  For example, what sources are driving conversions?  That is a question that can be answered also by using program reports.  Helpful if you have RCE. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jessica,

I don't see a "Lead by Source" report in analytics? I see a "Lead Performance" and a "Leads by Status" report.

pastedImage_0.png

Jessica_Kao3

You can create this report with Lead Performance.  Go to set up and choose the time frame and group leads by lead source.  Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.51.00 PM.png

Drag over custom columns and that is where you select the smart lists that you created for each activity. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.51.25 PM.png

Some of these reports are already out of the box in the folder tree to the left. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.50.26 PM.png

I also noticed that you have RCE and that is going to give you way better analytics than what you can with these out of the box reports. 

I would actually take a different route to address your questions.  I would use program and program statuses and those that reach success and report on that.

Say for example you have 3 white papers, x, y and z. 

I would create a separate program for each.

When someone fills out a form and downloads x set that program to a success status of converted.  Assuming that the activity that you want is being captured via program membership and program status changes, to view this data is pretty simple in RCE.

Create a new Program membership report in RCE. 

Drag Program Channel and Program Name into the Row section.  Drag Lead Source into the Column section and pick a blue measure and you can slice and dice the data all day long in a single report. 

This will work if your data is clean and that's the key, to put people in the right program's in the right progression statuses.