Form HELP PLEASE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form HELP PLEASE

Hey all:

Me again. So, we have a lead form landing page that Marketo built for us prior to me even starting (which was in March). Now that I have my poop in a group and am beginning to understand things, I noticed that our Newsletter opt-in was not mapped correctly to Salesforce, thus we are not capturing leads that want to receive our newsletter. Annoying right?? Yes, but what is more obnoxious is that I have updated the field to route correctly and now the form is messed up. Here is what I did:

• Edit Form
  • Updated field to be "Newsletter opt in"
  • made checkboxes so that the checkbox was to the left of the label
  • kept label field blank and updated the checkboxes value to reflect what we want said
  • adjusted field width to make one line
  • hit preview- looks like I want
  • updated landing page with the changes
  • hit preview and we don't see what is on the lead form preview- instead we have NO checkbox and the label reads like this

i would

like to

receive

your

newsletter

Did i mention that we have no account manager as ours left about 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't even know who to reach out to there to get them to update the mistake they made? But that doesn't really matter because this group and my email group on FB are way more helpful. Sorry my patience with this is wearing thin.

Any help you all are able to give I am so grateful for. And yes I know I ask a lot of questions, but like I said I am new and you all have been so wonderful in guiding me to the right answer, so A HUGE THANK YOU to you!

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form HELP PLEASE

You must provide a URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't because it is a live form. I don't want to have it look like that in case someone comes and fills is out...ya know what I mean??

SanfordWhiteman

So publish it on a page with a random URL.

Looking at the actual form is a requirement. That's how you troubleshoot HTML and CSS... not via text or screenshots.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that makes too much sense Sanford here ya go! Much thanks

http://es.questdiagnostics.com/Form_Connect-With-Us_test.html

SanfordWhiteman

I would start by adding this CSS:

#FormSection .mktoFormCol .mktoCheckboxList,

#FormSection .mktoFormCol:nth-last-child(2):first-child input[type="checkbox"],

#FormSection .mktoFormCol:nth-last-child(2):first-child input[type="checkbox"] + label

{

width: auto !important;

}

#FormSection .mktoFormCol:nth-last-child(2):first-child input[type="checkbox"] + label

{

padding: 0 !important;

float: left !important;

}

And removing this line of JS:

$('input[type="checkbox"]').closest('.mktoFormRow').addClass('check_block2');

However, these are just hacks to compete with existing hacks. There's only so much that can be done as the existing customization is so sloppy. I wouldn't rehire whoever did this & recommend starting from scratch with more maintainable custom CSS. (Any CSS that's targeting :nth-last-child(2) but expects that element to have particular other properties (beyond simply being second-from-last) is too fragile, and the way the classes are being added via JS is... not good.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Sanford. I will give this a try and see what happens. Hmm "dont rehire who ever did this..." ......so Marketo is the one that designed this form......the made my Monday. I giggled out loud. Thanks again!