SOLVED

Re: Form Error Message Placement

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Error Message Placement

Hi Everyone -- I've conducted some searches on this topic and haven't been able to find an answer. I would like to determine where the 'error message' for forms is placed. Currently our error messages are appearing on the right hand side of the form (which is appearing on the iframe but off the view screen -- here's an example of what I'm talking about: www.schoolwires.com/makeoverreferral). We would like to avoid expanding the ifame window, hence why we are trying to relocate the error message.

Is there any way that we can choose where the error message gets displayed?

Thank you for your help!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemented this and it is supported in major browsers. Hope it helps! 

Moving the error messages

Depending on how you set up your form, the error messages that appear on each field may be in the wrong position. Use this CSS to move the error messages below the field. You may need to tweak the left or top amounts until it appears correct on your form.

<style type="text/css">
span.mktFormMsg
  {
    left: 0px !important;
    top: 15px !important;
  }
</style>

Source: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyss

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen the error messages moved to either above or below the field input.  You would have to include some custom CSS on your landing page to achieve this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny!
Do you have a reference you could point me towards for the custom CSS that I could share with my web designer?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are facingi the same challenge...where could we see examples of custom CSS that would put the error messages below the field input?  Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

h

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemented this and it is supported in major browsers. Hope it helps! 

Moving the error messages

Depending on how you set up your form, the error messages that appear on each field may be in the wrong position. Use this CSS to move the error messages below the field. You may need to tweak the left or top amounts until it appears correct on your form.

<style type="text/css">
span.mktFormMsg
  {
    left: 0px !important;
    top: 15px !important;
  }
</style>

Source: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyss
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, it's really helpful Preet!