Form Data - Lead Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Data - Lead Source

I'm fairly new to Marketo, having used Eloqua in the past.  When pulling a form download report in Eloqua, I was easily able to sort by source code (Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to see where our leads were coming from.  Is it possible to pull one report in Marketo to see everyone that has filled out a form, and have a column with the source code based on the referring URL?  I'd like to see this source each time a lead fills out a form, regardless of whether it's their original referral or not.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form Data - Lead Source

Michael White

Michael White

Michael White

Hey, welcome to the Marketo family.

I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section of the site where I think you will receive an answer sooner.

Also, I see you have three different accounts. Can add the word 'Primary' next to your title of your primary account, so we know

where we should contact you if necessary. Thanks!

Michael_White
Level 5

Hi Scott — I think these are three separate people.  I'm not the one who asked this question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Sorry about that.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When you set up the form, you should have a hidden field that populates a field -- stored on the lead record -- from the appropriate query param, for example 'utm_source'.  Hidden fields always have that option built-in.

Then create a Smart List of people who've filled out the form you want, right-click on the table heading, and add `utm_source` as a displayed column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford Whiteman​,

Let's say you have UTM_Source as Twitter and you add them to a smart list. Then they interact with another one of your campaigns on Facebook so their UTM_Source changes to Facebook and the smart list for Twitter changes. How can you have solid reporting when the UTM_Source and other UTM fields can so easily be overwritten?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Certainly a comprehensive solution involves blocking field updates as well as creating history fields -- we have a pretty complex JS library that we use to manage form data instead of pre-included hidden fields. But to bootstrap source tracking one needs to understand the underlying path into the system, I think, then expand from there!

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mike,

You can also have a look at this post from a few days back for an alternate solution to lead source using UTM paramenters: Solution to using UTM parameters & cookies to capture lead source information