SOLVED

Re: Fonts from Monotype Library on LP - fonts.com or myfonts.com?

Go to solution
Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Fonts from Monotype Library on LP - fonts.com or myfonts.com?

Hello, I need to use a custom font on a landing page. I plan to use Monotype library, which seems to be available from both fonts.com and myfonts.com, both at the same price of 120 euros/dollars per year. Have anybody used this subscription from either of these sites on Marketo landing pages? Any pitfalls or gotchas?

Thanks in advance

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Pavel,

1. I believe the main difference between fonts.com and myfonts.com is in licensing and whether to use a subscription or one-off price. Otherwise, both are owned by Monotype.

2. For landing pages, installing Monotype fonts is pretty straightforward--just follow the instructions for including the CSS (and JS validation) at the template level.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Pavel,

1. I believe the main difference between fonts.com and myfonts.com is in licensing and whether to use a subscription or one-off price. Otherwise, both are owned by Monotype.

2. For landing pages, installing Monotype fonts is pretty straightforward--just follow the instructions for including the CSS (and JS validation) at the template level.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hi Courtney, thanks for the info.

In the end I used myfonts.com and it was really straightforward, they provided all the font files (eot, woff2, ...) and a stylesheet to use. Worked on the first try.

Pavel