Flow setup to static list who did not open

timponen
Level 1

Flow setup to static list who did not open

Hi-

I uploaded a list of leads to Marketo, total members are 47K. I had a send 7/14-7/16 but it only went to 3K of the total list. I scheduled a second send 7/17 to reach more of the audience but it didn't go out to anyone. Any idea why this would happen? 

Smart list targeting:

- preference center is true

- marketing particition segment is NAMER/Default

- Country is US

- Language segment is Default

- Block lists

- member of list which I uploaded

- had not recieved email in last 30 days

1 REPLY 1
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Flow setup to static list who did not open

Hi @timponen,

There are two key considerations here:

• Firstly, Marketo will automatically block people with certain field values on email sends (unless operational). If members of this list were blacklisted, unsubscribed, or had any of those other blocked values (you can find them all in Marketo Docs) then this will be part of the drop off.
  • Secondly, your send isn't just "is member of list X", you have a number of other filters included. It is then likely that part of your drop off comes from these filters. If you expected your list to meet all of this criteria then you may have uploaded incomplete data.

You'll want to investigate your smart list criteria against your source list (often this is easiest done by simply creating a "troubleshooting" smart list that runs through each criteria against the source data exclusions, e.g., is member of list X and preference centre is false will show you everyone who was dropped due to that criteria - so on and so forth). You can then investigate the leads who appear in that list to see what value they had instead of the one you expected, and why - that'll help you understand whether it's a genuine disqualification or a logic fault/incomplete data issue.

Hope that helps 🙂