SOLVED

Re: Flow for fills out form embed on a microsite isn't working - do I have do that all that Munchkin stuff again?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow for fills out form embed on a microsite isn't working - do I have do that all that Munchkin stuff again?

I assume it's bc it's a microsite and I haven't added the Munchkin tracking code to our site?

Or could there be any other reason? I ask bc we don't have in-house developer resources so want to make sure I'm on the right track first.

Thanks!

0EM50000000T00Y.png
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Flow for fills out form embed on a microsite isn't working - do I have do that all that Munchkin stuff again?

No worries, Christine -  We'll try to help out as best as we can, knowing that you'll probably be relying quite heavily on the Community.

Once the munchkin code is on the page, you need to physically visit the page (or someone does, so that the page URL can be indexed by Marketo (just like Google does)).  Once indexed, that page URL will appear as one of the values in the "web page is" constraint (where you're currently seeing the red squiggly).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Munchkin won't affect the FoF activity. What do you see in the Activity Log for a lead who fills it out?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hey Christine,

I wonder if you should change the Web page url to  say contains instead of is www.alt. I'm seeing a red squiggly error on that field. 
Dan_Stevens_

@Sanford - if it was a simple "fills out form" trigger (with no constraint), that would be true.  But with the "Web page is" constraint, doesn't she need the munchkin code enabled on that page for this trigger to work?
Dan_Stevens_

@Christine - are you working actively with a dedicated Marketo consultant on your deployment efforts?  If not, I would highly recommend it.  I know that we never could have deployed as quickly and successfully without direct access to a dedicated Marketo consultant.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford, I can't actually activate the flow bc of the warning on the web page URL. 

Michelle, there's no contains option.

I tried this: www.altimetergroupdigitaltransformation.com and this: altimetergroupdigitaltransformation.com

It's working on all the other for embeds I created, and the only thing that is different about this one is that it's on a microsite.

It says Invalid Value for Web Page (altimetergroupdigitaltransformation.com could not be found).

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Christine, oh sorry my bad.  
Dan_Stevens_

Christine - in order for the web page URL to appear without a red squiggly, the page must be cached/indexed by Marketo.  And in order for that to happen you first need to visit the page AND you must have the Munchkin tracking code enabled on that page.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Dan - Yeah, my bad, the numeric web page ID needs to be translated to a URL via Munchkin in order for that to be in a trigger. 

But I believe you can use the web page ID (like 16542) without Munchkin having touched the page. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan - I wish we had more resources for a dedicated Marketo consultant! But agreed, it's essential. File that away in Lessons Learned!

So, I'll tell my developer to add the Munchkin tracking code on that page but what do you mean by first needing to "visit the page?"