Re: Flow for adding someone to a SalesForce Campaign

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Flow for adding someone to a SalesForce Campaign

Hi Everyone,

I have a trigger campaign set-up so when someone fills out they go through the following flow.

1) Change Data - Atteribute: Company Name     New Value: {{lead.First Name}} {{lead.Last Name}}

2) Sync user to SFDC - set to a specific user

3) Add to SFDC Campaign - Campaign: Campaign is selected her        Status: Filled out form

PROBLEM:

All the information syncs from Marketo except the lead does not go into the SalesForce Campaign that I have selected. I have tried the fixes that have been suggested in the community and nothing is working.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Jeffrey,

Could you please show us a screenshot of the Flow of your triggered campaign? Also, by any chance is the Marketo program that the campaign lives in synced to a (different) SFDC campaign?

Denise

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Sure here is a screen shot, where would I look to see if the campaign is synced to a different campaign? In my flow has syncing to the correct campaign.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 11.26.04 AM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jeffrey,

The first flow step might be the issue. You are creating a company name for all people which creation date is after a certain date/time. This means that for people created before, this field might remain empty. if you try to push to SFDC a new lead without a company name, it will fail, as this is a required info for SFDC (Default SFDC behavior).

For a better understanding of the issue, look at one of the campaign members that is not in SFDC and display its activity log. Then focus on the "sync to SFDC" failed flow step and display the details. the error will likely appear. Same for the "add to SFDC campaign" flow step.

You can copy some screenshots of both if you need more help.

-Greg

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Jeffrey,

I agree with Greg.

To answer your question, here is where you would look to see if the program were synced to an SFDC campaign. If a program is synced to an SFDC campaign, flow steps that add to/remove from or change status in SFDC campaigns are ignored by Marketo.

pastedImage_0.png

Denise

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Ok I synced, the campaign to the program and then changed the flow (See attached) and It still is not working. Also I have attached the log for the test I did.Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.43.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.45.15 AM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Jeffrey,

You are combining here 2 of the issues :

1. The SFDC insertion fails, and you need to investigate more on SFDC to see what's wrong. You also can learn more here : SFDC Sync Error - Failed: retrieveLargeSObjects | Marketo Marketing Nation Community and here: Getting sfdc Failed: exception messages for leads
  2. The "add to smart campaign" is ignored because your smart campaign is sync'ed with a program, as explained by Denise. It would have failed anyway, because of the previous error.

-Greg