Re: Fixing Error: The number of custom tokens in the email exceeds the limit: 40

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Fixing Error: The number of custom tokens in the email exceeds the limit: 40

I am working on an email draft and am running into an issue in approving and closing an email. I have tried removing 25+ tokens, and I am still having issues on closing it. At this point, there are definitely less than 40 tokens, so I am confused on why I am still getting this error.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Re: Fixing Error: The number of custom tokens in the email exceeds the limit: 40

This was fixed by simply cloning the email as is and re-approving it.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Weird. Could it have maybe somehow been tied to the token size limit (they've only enforced the limit as of recently) of emails which is something like 130k?  Based on your solution doesn't sound like that was the issue, but just a thought. 

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

I'm not too sure what it could have been. Initially, I had 5 Velocity-scripted My.tokens, which referenced about 5 or 6 lead Tokens. The code in the script was pretty minimal, and I also tried removing most of the tokens and approving the email. It still caused the same issue.

Though it doesn't necessarily solve the root problem or cause of the issue, cloning and re-approving was the way that this had been fixed on my end.