Re: First Touch GCLID Time Stamp Smart Campaign Help

Ellie_Cary
Level 1

First Touch GCLID Time Stamp Smart Campaign Help

Hello,

I'm trying to time stamp whenever a GCLID is submitted for the first time on a contact (whether it's a new or existing contact). I've set up my filters and then tested the form I submitted. The GCLID is populating, but the timestamp is not. Is there something I am doing wrong with my respective smart list and flow below?

I originally thought I could include the date stamp on the form as a hidden field but I need to make sure this is for first touch only.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 12.07.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 12.07.39 PM.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When a lead is created, that's not a Data Value Change.

I wouldn't use a Smart Campaign here. Add the value as a hidden field only if gclid is also present. Set the field to Block Updates from form fills (as you should be doing with the first gclid field already). Then they will be set together, and only once.

Ellie_Cary
Level 1

Much appreciated Sanford Whiteman

Do you have a recommendation for how to treat a contact if they were to fill out the form again with a second Gclid code? We have leads who pop back up after a period of time, so it's not unusual.  I'm needing to call out first touch but also don't want to completely ignore multi-touch if someone comes back in and fills out the form again at a later date. 

Thanks,

Ellie