First SF and Marketo field value sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

First SF and Marketo field value sync

Hi all,

I am setting up marketo and have synced the fields from SF. to marketo. Now that I've completed cleaning up SF. database (deleting the irrelevant leads/contacts) and am ready to migrate the leads over, should I do this on my own or should I wait till my next consulting call with my migration person? Our person is not responding so I am trying to get some help here.

How did you guys to the sync while you were setting up Marketo? Anything I should be alert of?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: First SF and Marketo field value sync

Hi Shichen,

I am not sure of what you mean by "migrate the leads over". If you are happy with the way the fields are mapped  (In case you need to review this point, read here: Best Practices for Determining which Fields to Sync with Marketo) and the data is clean enough on the salesforce side, the next step is to enable the sync.

But before you do this, you need to ask yourself if you want all the records in SFDC to be synchronized. If not, you will have to either review the rights the the Marketo User in SFDC or establish some sync fields in SFDC and ask Marketo support to sync on these fields.

If you are interested in how filtering the sync works, there quite a few articles in the community:

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

Finally, there is also this nice article here: Common Marketo and Salesforce Sync Pitfalls

-Greg