Re: First Page of Conversion to Lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

First Page of Conversion to Lead

Hi all,

I want to create a field that will capture the url of the page on which the lead filled out its first form and became a lead.

I'm looking at the system fields available and I couldn't find anything that's really accurate for this.

Any suggestions? How would I use this with tokens perhaps?

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tamar,

There are various techniques here, that depends on whether your forms are on Marketo landing pages or embedded on your web site pages.

On the most efficient way will be to add a few lines of Javascript code to your form using the forms 2.0 API and store the URL automatically in a hidden field (let's name that field FormPageURL):

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjst.marketo.com", "785-UHP-775", 1057, function (form) {

form.addHiddenFields{ FormPageURL: document.location}

});

The complete Forms 2.0 API dos is here: Forms 2.0 » Marketo Developers

But otherwise, if you work on Marketo landing pages you could also use a smart campaign with a "fill out form" trigger that would populate a field.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Greg, this method is good for recording (and overwriting) a field like ​LastFormReferrerURL but it won't keep the first value unless it is also blocked from updates.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sanford,

Yes, you are right, that was implicit to me, but better make it explicit

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm looking at the system fields available and I couldn't find anything that's really accurate for this.

Original Referrer.